••• = sitemaps (or homepages) containing large amounts of material, including entire books
Vintage bromide print by Thomas White of Lewisham
(published 1892), © National Portrait Gallery,
- Chronology (needed)
- Biographical Essay and Introduction (needed)
- Profile of "Mrs Hubert Bland ("E. Nesbit") in The Strand Magazine (1905)
- Times Obituary (1924)
- A review of Eleanor Fitzsimons's The Life and Loves of E. Nesbit
- List of Works (needed)
- Victorian Children's Fiction (a large section created by Siobhan Lam and Jacqueline Banerjee) •••
- E. Nesbit, Rudyard Kipling and The Strand Magazine
- The Cultural Context: Victorianism •••
- Religion and Philosophy
- Social and Political Contexts
Theme and Technique
- Themes (needed)
Briggs, Julia. A Woman of Passion: The Life of E. Nesbit, 1858-1924. New York: New Amsterdam, 1987.
Carpenter, Humphrey and Mari Prichard, ed. The Oxford Companion to Children's Literature. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press, 1984. 371-74.
Fitzsimons, Eleanor. The Life and Loves of E. Nesbit. London: Duckworth, 2019.
Moore, Doris Langley. E. Nesbit: A Biography. Philadelphia: Chilton Company, 1966.