Five Scenes “The Nile Expedition” by A. Forrestier. Source:86 (10 January 1885): 28. From top to bottom: (1) Entrance to the Hannek Cataract: View from Koboddy. (2) The Batn-el-Hejar: View from the Rock of Abou Seir. (3) Exit of the Hannek Cataract: View from Abou Fatmeh. (4) Repairing a Whale-Boat in the Hannek Cataract. (5) A Dangerous Part of the Hannek Cataract.
Related Material Including Other Images from The Illustrated London News
- The Sudan (homepage)
- The Suez Canal
- Egypt and the British Empire (homepage)
- Five Scenes near the Hannekh Cataract
- Four Views of the Nile from Sketches by Lieutenant Colonel J. A. Grant
- Three Views of the Nile by Various Artists
- Four Views of Karthoum and the Nile from Photographs
You may use these images without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the Hathi Trust Digital Library and the University of Chicago and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.
86 (3 January 1885): 1. Hathi Trust Digital Library online version of a copy in the University of Chicago Library. Web. 21 August 2020.
Last modified 21 August 2020