This site has been formatted to work best with Safari and Firefox, both of which are available for Macintosh and Windows operating systems. Dr. Banerjee, our UK contributing editor, reports that IE 6.0 also works fine. Many computer experts, such as Walter Mossberg in The Wall Street Journal, strongly recommend Firefox for Windows users because it does not have the security problems found in Internet Explorer.
The following images show how various web browsers display documents containing vertical images: (left) Mozilla Firefox 1.0, (middle) Safari 3.1.2 and Internet Explorer 5.2 (right):
[Click on thumbnails for larger images]
- Directions for contributors
- What's new?
- Credits: Who created the Victorian Web
- A Ruskin Quotation?
- How can I find information about something Victorian?
- Please send me everything you have on "____," or can you help me with my term paper?
- Can you tell me how much my Victorian book or painting is worth?
Last modified 19 April 2006