Introduction and Critical Analyses
- Biographical Introduction
- Photographs of Millais
- John Everett Millais as an Illustrator — Significant Gesture, Expressive Line, and Emblematic Detail
- Millais’s Illustrations for Trollope
- John Everett Millais as an Illustrator and Interpreter of Trollope
- Chaste Longing: Illustrations of Rossetti and Millais for the Moxon Tennyson
- Artistic Choices in Millais's Illustration for Tennyson's "Mariana"
Work in Other Genres
Goldman, Paul. Victorian Illustration: The Pre-Raphaelites, the Idyllic School and the High Victorians. Aldershot: Scolar, 1996.
Gresty, Hilary. 'Millais and Trollope: Author and Illustrator' Book Collector 30 (1981):43-61.
Hall, N. John. Trollope and His Illustrators. London: Macmillan, 1980.
Life, Allan R. 'The Periodical Illustrations of John Everett Millais and Their Literary Interpretation', Victorian Periodicals Newsletter 10:2 (June 1977): 47-68.
Millais, John Guille. The Life and Letters of Sir John Everett Millais President of the Royal Academy. 2 vols. London: Methuen, 1899.
Reid, Forrest. Illustrators of the Eighteen Sixties. 1928; reprint, New York: Dover, 1975.
Last modified 5 April 2015