Crimean War Memorial by John Bell, whose name appears carved into one of the stone blocks to the left and above "Crimea." Located at the junction of Lower Regent Street and Pall Mall, London. Bronze, granite, and marble. John Henry Foley (1818-1874), R. A, created the memorial to Sidney Herbert, and Arthur George Walker, R.A. 1861-1936 [?] to Florence Nightingale.
- The Crimean War Memorial (homepage)
- Victory standing above The Brigade of Guards Memorial
- The Brigade of Guards (detail)
- Canons, wreath, and inscription
- The Brigade Insignia
- Arthur George Walker's Florence Nightingale
- The Crimean War (homepage with biographies, maps, and individual battles)
Photographs by George P. Landow, December 1999, September 2001, and July 2005. [You may use these images without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.]
Barnes, Richard. John Bell: The Sculptor's Life and Works. Frontier, 1999.
Last modified 8 March 2020