Punch (15 January 1890): 39.. Click on image to enlarge it.. Source: From
“It’s very odd—But I can't get rid or my Pictures. The House is full or them!”
“Can’t you get your Grocer to give 'em away with a Pound or Tea, or something?”
What Artists and Their Families Have to Put Up With
- "Equal to the Occasion"
- "Trials of a Painter's Wife"
- "Histrionic Egotism [an actor's self-centeredness]"
- "How Reputations of Distinguished Amateurs are Sometimes Made"
- "Precedence in Vanity Fair"
- "Two on a Tower"
- "Nature versus Art"
- Artistic Amenities
- "Distinguished Professionals"
- "Social Taradiddles"
- "What Our Artist Has to Put Up With"
- "The Mother of Invention"
- "Varnishing Day at the Royal Academy"
Scanned image and text by George P. Landow [You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the person who scanned the image and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.]
Created 1 July 2001
Last modified 2 May 2020