Lighting, heating, and cooking
- Rushlight: How the Country Poor Lit Their Homes
- The Difference between Lantern and Lanthorn
- The Evolution of the Fireplace
- What the housewife used to cook meals: fireplace hangers, pot cranes, fire and cup dogs, tongs and other implements
- The invention of canning and its effect on what the British ate
Plumbing and Sanitation
Gideon, Sigfried. Mechanization Takes Command: A Contribution to Anonymous History. New York: Norton, 1969.
Jekyll, Gertrude Old English Household Life. Some Account of Cottage Objects and Country Folk. London: B. T. Batsford, 1925.
Jekyll, Gertrude Old West Surrey: Some Notes and Memories. London: Longmans, Green, & Co, 1904.
Spencer, Colin. British Food: an Extraordinary Thousand Years of History. New York: Columbia University Press, 2002.
Last modified 17 May 2020