Fun (24 November 1880): 207. Directions: — “Stick up something between a RockingHorse, a Jack-in-the-Box, and am “Early Village Cock,” on a big pedestal in the middle of a crowded thoroughfare, and watch the result.”. John Gordon Thomson.
From an Internet Archive online version of a copy int he Princeton University Library. Click on image to enlarge it.
The Temple Bar Memorial, other cartoons, and its sculpture
- Alice in Blunderland (John Tenniel's cartoon about the Memorial in Punch)
- Bonnie Bar-gee (Linley Sambourne's cartoon about the Memorial in Punch)
- "Take away that Bauble!" (Harry Funiss's cartoon about the Memorial in Punch)
- Sir Horace Jones's The Temple Bar Memorial (1880)
- Sir Christopher Wren's original Temple Bar as re-erected in Paternoster Square in 2004
- Queen Victoria and the Prince of Wales Going to St. Paul's by Charles J. Samuel Kelsey
- Time and Fortune Draw a Curtain Over Temple Bar by Charles Henry Mabey
- Queen Victoria's Progress to the Guildhall London Nov. 9th 1837 by Charles Henry Mabey
- Queen Victoria by Sir Joseph Boehm
- Edward Prince of Wales by Sir Joseph Boehm
- Griffin by Charles Birch
- Friezes on the Temple Bar Memorial
Last modified 13 June 2019