Milton Court enlarged and altered by William Burges, 1875. Dorking, Surrey. Photograph and text 2006 by Jacqueline Banerjee. [You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.]
- William Burges's contributions to Milton Court
- Dining Room Ceiling (Detail)
- Ceiling of what was once the drawing room (another angle)
- Burges's Oriel window
- Ceiling of what was once the drawing room
- Fireplace in what was once the drawing room
- Door from the drawing room into Mrs Rates's Flower Room
- The Flower Room (Mrs Rate's room)
- The Flower Room Mirror (1)
- The Flower Room Mirror (2)
Crook, J. Mordaunt. William Burges and the High Victorian Dream. Chicago: U of Chicago Press, 1981.
The Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Online ed.
"Milton Court — A Brief History" (notes supplied by UNUMProvident Life Assurance)
Last modified 23 December 2019