Illustrations for works by Thomas Hardy
- "“I would rather take it, sir, in my own hand”
- "Tess flung herself upon the undergrowth of rustling spear-grass as upon a bed
- "She slid down upon her knees beside his foot. . . . . “In the name of Heaven, forgive me!” she whispered
- "What makes you draw off in that way, Tess?"
- “Is she of a family such as you would care to marry into -- a lady, in short?” asked his startled mother
Sketches and studies
- Male nude
- Study of a Girl’s Head (profile)
- Study of a Girl’s Head (front view)
- French Peasant Woman, Étaples
- Ringing for the Ferry
- Dutch Girls, Veere
- Carting Fish, Étaples
Baldry, A. L. “Pencil drawings at Bushey.” The Studio. 10 (February 1897) 20-26. Internet Archive. Web. March 2, 2012.
“Charcoal Drawing by E. Borough Johnson.” The International Studio. 50 (1913) 283-88. Hathi Digital Library Trust Internet version of a copy in the Cornell University Library. Web. 16 October 2017.
Last modified 16 October 2017/p>