Works illustrated in the Victorian Web
- Completion of the main building of James Johnson's Royal Mint (1809)
- Wellington Monument, Phoenix Park, Dublin (1817-1861)
- The Custom House
- The British Museum (1823-46)
- The Former Union Club and Royal College of Physicians on Trafalgar Square, now Canada House (1824-27)
- King's College London and its old gateway (1829-31)
- Completion of the Thames frontage of Somerset House (1830-35)
- The Oxford and Cambridge University Club (1836-37, with Sydney Smirke)
- Partial rebuilding of the Queen's Chapel of the Savoy, Savoy Hill, London (later restored by Sydney Smirke)
Other Works — no images on this site
- The (old) Covent Garden Theatre (1808-09)
- The (old) General Post Office (1824-29)
Liddell, Richard. "Smirke, Sir Robert (1780-1867)." Oxford Dictionary of National Biography. Online ed. Viewed 12 January 2008.
Weinreb, Ben and Christopher Hibbert, eds. The London Encyclopaedia. London: Macmillan, rev. ed. 1992.
Last modified 19 June 2015