Click on thumbnails to obtain larger images and information about each work.
The figure at right, Captive by Miss J. Delahunt, is not a nude but shows one woman’s approach to the bound or captive women.
- The Sculptural Nude: Material and Formal Considerations
- Male Nudes
- Female Nudes: Standing
- Female Nudes: Sitting, Crouching, Kneeling, or Reclining
- Naked or Nude
- The Two Aphrodites: Celestial and Vulgar, Vegetable and Crystalline
- Mediterranean versus Northern Conceptions of the Ideal Nude
- The Colour of Anxiety: Race, Sexuality and Disorder in Victorian Sculpture [review of the exhibition at the Henry Moore Institute, London (2022-23)]
Last modified 16 May 2013