George Frederic Watts Memorial, Cloisters near the Compton Cemetery Chapel, Compton, by Mary Seton Fraser Tytler Watts (1850-1938). 1898. [Click on this image and those below to enlarge them.]
Left to right: (a) Angel holding child. (b) Recording angel (with large book). (c) Baby angel with scroll.
Details of the Tomb and Related Material
- G. F. Watts (homepage)
- The tomb
- View from the left
- Watts's head and shoulders
- Enlarged portion of recording angel
- Cloisters housingthe Watts Memorial
- Mary Watts Memorial plaque
- Compton Cemetery Chapel, Compton, designed by Mary Seton Fraser Tytler Watts, 1898
- Art Nouveau tombstone for J. R. Sturgis
Photographs and caption by Robert Freidus. formatting by George P. Landow. You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite the Victorian Web in a print one.]
Nairn, Ian, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Surrey. 2nd edition. London: Penguin Books, 1982.
Last modified 26 August 2011