- Jamaica and the British Caribbean. An Introduction
- The Governor Eyre Affair (sitemap)
- “The Negro Insurrection in Jamaica” (Illustrated London News (15 November 1865)
- The Jamaica Commissioners’s report on the Jamaica insurrection condemning the conduct of Governor Eyre and his subordinates (Illustrated London News, 23 June 1866):
- A letter from the past — Slavery and Manumission in 1812
- Port Royal, Jamaica
- Georgian Jamaica and its public buildings
- The Anglican churches of eighteenth-century Jamaica
- The Great Houses of Jamaica
- In search of the Ferry Inn, Jamaica
- The Statue of Admiral Lord Rodney in Spanish Town, Jamaica
- John Bacon the elder’s Jamaica commissions
- Sir Charles Metcalfe, Governor of Jamaica (E. H. Baily)
London and the West Indies
Carley, Mary Manning. Jamaica. The old and the new. London: Allen and Unwin, 1963.
Cundall, Frank. Historic Jamaica. London: Institute of Jamaica, 1915.
Green, Patricia. The evolution of Jamaican architecture. 1494-1838. University of Pennsylvania, 1988.
Wright, Philip. Lady Nugent’s Journal. Kingston: Institute of Jamaica, 1966.
Last modified 29 January 2016