Photographs of Present-day Shimla and the surrounding landscape
- View from Shimla towards the pine-clad valley
- View from Shimla towards the snowcapped Himalayan peaks
- Scenery en route to present-day Shimla
- The route to Shimla by "Toy Train"
- The Ridge in Simla, showing Christ Church and the Municipal Library
- Shimla today, sprawling across the hillside
Photographs of Buildings in Simla that date from British India
- Christ Church (7 views)
- Gaiety Theatre (3 views)
- St Michael's Cathedral
- The Viceregal Lodge (4 views)
- The Railway Board Building (2 views)
- Gorton Castle (3 views)
- Shopfronts along the Mall (2 views)
Allen, Charles. Plain Tales from the Raj. New Delhi: Rupa Paperback, 1993.
_____. Raj: A Scrapbook of British India, 1877-1947. London: Deutsch, 1977.
Diver, Maud. The Englishwoman in India. London: Blackwood, 1909.
Kanwar, Pamela. Imperial Simla. New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 2003.
Shimla Guide with Map, 2007-08. New Delhi: Nest & Wings, 2007.
Last modified 23 January 2015