>Palazzo Luca Grimaldi Doria-Tursi

Palazzo Luca Grimaldi Doria-Tursi

Via Garibaldi 9, Genoa

The Palazzo Luca Grimaldi Doria-Tursi (or simply Palazzo Tursi) contains the "Musei di Strada Nuova" (Via Garibaldi 9). Completed in 1596 upon land acquired by Nicolo Grimaldi from Luca Grimaldi in 1564, the building was immediately renamed for its new owner, Gio Andrea Doria. The noble interior is "characterized by the succession of hall-courtyard-staircase" (Poleggi 76).

Photograph and text by Philip V. Allingham.

[This image may be used without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose.]