Robert Burns, 2 Temple Place, London, by John Steell, 1804-91. Bronze. [Click on these images for larger pictures.]
Other statues of Robert Burns and Monuments to Him
- George Edwin Ewing’s bronze monument in Glasgow
- George Anderson Lawson’s bronze statuette
- William Burnie Rhind’s bronze statuette
- John Flaxman’s marble statue in Edinburgh
- Amelia Robertson Hill’s monument in Dumfries
- Frederick W. Pomeroy’s bronze monument in Sydney, Australia
- J. Pittendrigh MacGillivray’s bas relief
Three photographs and caption by Robert Freidus and one by George P. Landow, who did the formatting and photograph at left. You may use these images without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite it in a print one.]
Beattie, Susan. The New Sculpture. New Haven: Yale University Press, 1983.
Byron, Arthur. London Statues. London: Constable. 1981.
Last modified 22 February 2020