Want to know how to navigate the Victorian Web? Click here.
- Examples of mid-Victorian dress for men, women, and children
- Mourning dress worn by Queen Victoria, 1894-95
- British evening dress, c. 1861
- Advertisement for mourning attire, 1887
- British mourning dress, 1902-04
- Jet and Dressed in Black — The Victorian Period
- Evening Dress worn by Queen Alexandra, 1902
- Death Becomes Her: A Century of Mourning Attire (October 21, 2014-February 1, 2015) — A review of an exhibition at New York’s Metropolitan Museum of Art
DeLorme, Maureen. Mourning Art and Jewelry. Atglen, Pennsylvania: Schiffer Publishing, 2004.
Morley, John. Death, Heaven, and the Victorians. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1971.
Created 26 December 2015