(Former) Caledonia Road Church
Alexander "Greek" Thomson (1817-1875)
This former Caledonia Road United Presbyterian Church is described on the Canmore site (in a passage taken from Sam Small's book) as a "mere fragment of Thomson's first large church, burnt out in 1965." But, as the passage continues, it still has its "magnificent tower, unadorned apart from the bell openings and clock on top" beside its Greek temple-like body. [Commentary continues below.]
Photograph by Rab Lawrence (cropped here).Image downloaded by Jacqueline Banerjee. [Click on the image to enlarge it.]
Image kindly released on Flickr under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic (CC BY 2.0)licence .