[(1) Photographs by the author. (2) Click on thumbnails for larger images. (3) You may use these images without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (a) credit the photographer and (b) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite it in a print one.
. Photograph January 2011.
Left to right: A view from an angle opposite to that shown above. Middle: The roofline showing some of the elaborate spiral chimneys. Right: The entrance with two signs declaring "Mortimer House."
Three views of ceramic work in the museum.
The ceiling before and after restoration
Interior Carving and Modelling
Stained glass windows
- The exterior of the Natural History Museum
- Interior architectural sculpture: plants and animals
- Victorian Natural History Museums and the Display of Knowledge
- Boehm's statue of Charles Darwin
- Ford's statue of T. H. Huxley
- Brock's statue of Sir Richard Owen
Last modified 30 August 2012