- Thornton's Arcade, Briggate, by George Smith
- The Victoria Quarter, by Frank Matcham
- St Peter, Kirkgate, by R. D. Chantrell
- Leeds Town Hall, by Cuthbert Brodrick
- The Corn Exchange, by Cuthbert Brodrick
- Former Mechanics' Institute, now City Museum, by Cuthbert Brodrick
- 49-51 Cookridge Street (shops), by Cuthbert Brodrick
- Central Library, by George Corson
- School Board Offices, by George Corson
- Grand Theatre, by George Corson
- Coliseum Theatre, by William Bakewell
- Leeds General Infirmary, by Sir George Gilbert Scott
- Leeds Grammar School, by E. M. Barry
- Oxford Place Methodist Chapel and Oxford Chambers, by James Simpson, G. F. Danby and W. H. Thorp
- Former Police Station, Fire Station and Library, Woodhouse Lane, by W. H. Thorp
- St Paul's House, by Thomas Ambler
- Yorkshire Building Society, by Percy Robinson
- Leeds City Markets, by John and Joseph Leeming
- City of Leeds New Market Hall, by John and Joseph Leeming (interior)
- Early buildings of the University of Leeds, by Alfred and Paul Waterhouse
- 39 Cookridge Street (the Electric Press Building)
- Former Headquarters of the Yorkshire Banking Company, by W. W. Gwyther
- Former Church Institute, Albion Place
- Crown Point Bridge, by George Leather & Son
Monuments and Sculpture
- The Leeds War Memorial, by Henry Charles Fehr and Ian Judd
- Memorial to Queen Victoria, by Sir George Frampton
- The Duke of Wellington, by Baron Carlo Marochetti
- Charity, by Baron Carlo Marochetti
- Sir Robert Peel, by William Behnes
- The Black Prince, by Sir Thomas Brock
- Evening, by Alfred Drury
- Morning, by Alfred Drury
- Dean Hook by William Pomeroy
- Edward, Prince of Wales, by Matthew Noble, Town Hall vestibule
- Alexandra, Princess of Wales, by Matthew Noble, Town Hall vestibule
- Queen Victoria, by Matthew Noble, Town Hall vestibule
- Prince Albert, by Matthew Noble, Town Hall vestibule
- Tomb Chest and Effigy for Dean Hook, designed by Sir George Gilbert Scott
- Allegorical reliefs at the entrance to the Town Hall, by John Thomas
- Architectural Sculpture on Abtech House, 18 Park Row, Leeds (former West Riding Union Bank), by Joseph Thewlis
- Decoration around upper windows, by Edward Caldwell Spruce, Yorkshire Building Society
- Base of a Lamp-post, by Alfred Drury
- Architectural sculpture on Leeds City Markets, by Thewlis & Co.
- Portrait medallions by Benjamin Creswick in the Leeds City Library (Homer and Sir Walter Scott)
Reviews and other related material
- Webster, Christopher, ed. Building a Great Victorian City: Leeds Architects and Architecture.
- 20 drawings of old Leeds by Percy Robinson
- The city’s commercial buildings, churches, and manufacturing in 1851 (Imperial Gazetteer)
Discovering Leeds (Leeds City Council site). Web.
Fraser, Derek. A History of Modern Leeds. Manchester: Manchester University Press, 1980.
Leach, Peter, and Nikolaus Pevsner. Yorkshire West Riding, Leeds, Bradford and the North. The Buildings of England series. New Haven & London: Yale University Press, 2009.
Leodis: A Photographic Archive of Leeds. (Leeds City Council site). Web.
Taylor, Rev. Richard Vickerman. The Biographia Leodiensis; or, biographical sketches of the worthies of Leeds. London: Simpkin, Marshall, & Co, 1865. Internet Archive. Web.
Webster, Christopher, ed. Building a Great Victorian City: Leeds Architects and Architecture. Huddersfield: Northern Heritage Publications in Association with the Victorian Society, 2011.
Wrathmell, Susan, with John Minnis. Leeds. Pevsner Architectural Guides. New Haven and Yale: Yale University Press, 2005. Print.
Last modified 15 November 2018