Poetry and Music by Paul Raphael Montford. Cardiff City Hall, Cardiff, Wales. Architects: Lanchester, Stewart and Rickards. 1905. Portland Stone, [Click on these images to enlarge them.]
Left to right: (a) View from the side and below. (b) Sketch model for the group as published in Academy Architecture and Architectural review.
- Cardiff City Hall
- Commerce and Industry by Paul Raphael Montford
- Welsh Dragon on the stone plinth that rises from the dome of City Hall
- Sculpture on the City Hall clock tower” by A. H. Hodge
- Unity and Patriotism (Poole)
- Tritons and Rivers (Pomeroy)
- Science and Education (McGill)
Photographs and caption by Robert Freidus. Image capture of sketch model, formatting, and perspective correction by George P. Landow. You may use this image without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose as long as you (1) credit the photographer and (2) link your document to this URL in a web document or cite it in a print one.]
Newman, John. Glamorgan. London: Penguin Books, 1995.
Last modified 13 August 2011