Jubilee Monument for Queen Victoria
Sir George Frampton, R.A., P.R.B.S. (1860-1928)
This photograph of the bronze on display at the 1901 International Exhibition in Glasgow shows it set upon a very basic plinth. The monument was positioned slightly in front of the main entrance to the Kelvingrove Art Galleries, ironically less than fifty metres from the site where Frampton’s bronze of St Mungo has stood for the last hundred years.
With thanks to Dennis McCue, Senior Information Officer, Glasgow City Council, who provided both text and photograph.
Courtesy of Glasgow City Council