Cathedral and Part of the City of Glasgow from Craig Park. Drawn by D. O. Hill and engraved “on steel” by T. Clerk. Published by Thos. Ireland, 57 South Bridge Street 1838. Facing p. 463. Chambers 1838 Gazetteer of Scotland. Click on image to enlarge it.
The History of the City
- Roman Times to the Reformation
- The Reformation to the Restoration
- The Restoration to the Accession of Victoria
- Government, Courts, and Police
- Manufacturing and Commerce
- Book Publishing, Journals, and Newspapers
- Literary and Other Associations
- Educational Institutions
- Glasgow’s Charitable Institutions
- The Town Hall, Royal Exchange, Bridges, and Jails
- Cathedral, Churches, and Chapel
- Victorian buildings
Chambers, Robert. The Gazetterr of Scotland. Glasgow: Blackie and Son, 1838. Internet Archive online version digitized with funding from National Library of Scotland. Web. 30 September 2018.
Last modified 1 October 2018