- Introduction (Project Gutenberg text from the 1894 edition)
- "How pleasant to know Mr. Lear!"
- Review of Jenny Uglow's biography, Mr Lear: A Life of Art and Nonsense, by Laurent Bury
- Another review of Jenny Uglow's biography, by Simon Cooke
- Nonsense verse and prose (introduction)
- The Book of Nonsense, 1846
- Nonsense Songs, Stories, etc., 1871
- More Nonsense Pictures, etc, 1872
- Laughable Lyrics: A Fresh Book of Nonsense, 1873
- [Project Gutenberg text of all 4 with illustrations]
- Illustrations (needed)
- Landscape Paintings
Noakes, Vivien. Edward Lear, The Life of a Wanderer. Boston: Houghton-Mifflin, 1968.
Pezzera, Candace. How Pleasant to Know Mr Lear: Watercolors from Rhode Island Collections. Exhibition catalogue. Providence: Museum of Art, Rhode Island School of Design, 1982.
Levi, Peter. Edward Lear: A Life. London: Tauris, 2013.
Travellers beyond the Grand Tour. London: The Fine Art Society, 1980.
Uglow, Jenny. Mr Lear: A Life of Art and Nonsense. London: Faber, 2017.
Last modified 17 April 2018