- The Bible (materials needed)
- Purging Christianity of Its Semitic Origins: Arnold, Kingsley, and the Bible
- Charles Kingsley on Byron and Shelley
- Thomas Carlyle
- Kingsley’s Feminist Critique of Fenlon’s Télémaque
- Charles Kingsley on Gaskell's The Life of Charlotte Brontë and Thackeray
- Eliot on Alton Locke
- Eliot on Westward Ho!
- Kingsley and Doyle's The Lost World in the context of Darwinism, imperialism, and South Anerican history
- The historical novels of Blackmore and Kingsley compared
- Thomas Babington Macaulay and Charles Kingsley Celebrate the Baconian ‘Revolution’
- George MacDonald (materials needed)
- John Henry Newman (materials needed)
- John Ruskin (materials needed)
Dorman, Susann. "Hypatia and Callista: The Initial Skirmish Between Kingsley and Newman." Nineteenth Century Fiction 1979 (34) 173-193.
Hawley, John C. "Charles Kingsley and Literary Theory of the 1850s." Journal of Victorian Literature and Culture 1991.
Last modified 22 June 2018