- Aristotelian Tragedy and the Novels of Thomas Hardy
- Thomas Hardy's A Pair of Blue Eyes as a Cliffhanger with a Post-Darwinian Message
- Studies of Hardy's Pictorialism
- Thomas Hardy and Magazine Fiction, 1870-1900
- Sensation Novel Elements in the Serialisation of Hardy's The Mayor of Casterbridge
- Melodrama, Tragedy, and Tess of the D'Urbervilles
- Philip V. Allingham responds: Melodrama, Tragedy, and Tess of the D'Urbervilles
- The Romantic Adventures of a Milkmaid — Short Story, Novel, or Novella?
- Hamartia in Thomas Hardy's Ballad "The Trampwoman's Tragedy"--Another Instance of "Introspective Inflexibility"?
- Thomas Hardy's Poetry: The London Years
- Ballad form in "The Oxen"
- Hardy's Cinematic Style and the TV adaptation of The Mayor of Casterbridge
Last modified 5 January 2015