- Hardy's Michael Henchard as an Aristotelian Tragic Hero
- "Cruel Persuasion": Seduction, Temptation, and Agency in Hardy's Tess
- Tess of the Derbyfield — Good Woman or Noble Dame?
- The Power of "No" for Hardy's Heroines
- Did Hardy Base Elfride Swancourt of A Pair of Blue Eyes on His Fiancée Emma Lavinia Gifford?
- Egdon Heath as Another Character in The Return of the Native
- Eustacia and Clym as Tragic Heroes in The Return of the Native
- The Wife Sale in The Mayor of Casterbridge
Last modified 19 February 2008