Augustus W. Pugin
St. Paul's Parish Church
Pugin designed the windows in the main body of St Paul's, which were made by the firm of John Hardman (1811-67). The West and East windows are particularly admired, and have recently been restored. The West window features two rows of figures of the saints, and the East windows shows the Tree of Jesse. The Hardman Co., "artists in stained glass and ecclesiastical ornament," continues to flourish in Birmingham. [Commentary continued below]
Photograph and text 2006 by Jacqueline Banerjee.
[This image may be used without prior permission for any scholarly or educational purpose.]