Designer: Edmund Hunter, 1866-1916 (attributed)
Manufacturer: St. Edmundsbury Weavers
Designed circa 1905
Silk and gold thread
95 x 62 cm (37 1/2 x 24 1/2 inches)
Exhibited Arts & Crafts Exhibition Society, 1912
Hunter trained at the Silver Studio before setting up the St. Edmundsbury Weavers, Surrey, in 1902. The firm produced mostly handloom-woven plain and figured silks often using gold and other metal threads. In 1908 the firm moved to Letchworth and began using power looms. They expanded production to include dress fabrics and silk scarves for Liberty's and lining fabrics for Burberry's.