Warehouse, Saint Katherine Docks, London. Philip Hardwick. 1828. London. [Click on images to enlarge them.]
Left: A crane used to lift cargo from ships alongside into the warehouse. Right: The reverse side of the warehouse shown above.
Note the little bell and belltower separate from the large clocktower at left.
Related material about the St. Katherine Docks
- The Lock connecting the River Thames to St. Katherine Docks
- Telford’s Retracting Footbridge over waterway joining separate based of the dock complex
- Cast iron columns and capitals on Hardwick’s warehouses
Last modified 26 September 2016